‘A Write Laugh’ Story Competition
A note from children’s author Guy Bass :
At the moment, laughter can feel like a brief distraction from the serious business of lockdown, so with A Write Laugh, we’re making funny the focus. In the Before Times, I’d be out and about visiting schools, talking about books and having a laugh. I wanted to find a way to reconnect with readers and encourage you to think about stories in a way that doesn’t feel like work (as well as the far more selfish goal of cheering myself up in lockdown!). The sole aim of A Write Laugh is to make yourself, your friends and family, and hopefully me laugh until serious thoughts are sent packing. Good luck!
What You Can Win :
- 1st prize winners will have their story published in an eBook that will be free to read and download online, a year’s subscription to The Week Junior and £100 worth of books from Little Tiger.
- 2nd prize winners will have their story published in an eBook that will be free to read and download online, and £75 worth of books from Little Tiger.
- 3rd prize winners will have their story published in an eBook that will be free to read and download online, and £50 worth of books from Little Tiger.
How To Enter :
- Entering this competition is easy! Just write a story in no more than 500 words that makes you laugh.
- It can be about anyone or anything, anywhere, in any time or any place.
- If you’re stuck for where to start, watch some videos below where Guy and his author friends share their tips for writing funny stories.
- Once you’ve written your story (it can be handwritten or typed), send it in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your entry will only qualify if you include your name and your parent’s name, your age, your address, and a parent email address and phone number.
- Entries must be written in English and you have until 31st May to send them in.
- More T’s & C’s can be found below.